Friday, March 9, 2012
DIY :: Kid Robot
I have had Mini Foomi doll sitting around the house for a while now. I decided to paint it tonight.
I had originally planned to to just spill yellow paint on it and let the paint naturally drip down. It looked good, but I had doubts about whether or not the paint would dry. It was very, very thick.
So I washed it off and decided to try the oposite approach. Instead of an organic shape, I went with geometric shapes. Since I don't paint that neatly I masked out areas on my Foomi and painted from there. The only supplies I used were tape, acrylic paint, and clear varnish.
This is the final product. I've made a few mistakes in there, but luckily these little guys aren't expensive. So I'll probably take another stab at it eventually.